First there was the Ice Cream Van and now Rupert Grint is fulfilling another childhood fantasy. Rupert has decided to finally put pencil to paper and has begun drawing his own original comic strip. “The Funnies were always my favorite part of the Sunday paper,” says Grint,”and one morning I thought about how wicked it would be to have something I drew in there.”

The strip entitled SHUPERT follows a young ginger by the name of Shupert Clint as he goes on many hilarious adventures on the quest for the perfect prank with his two best friends Gemma Voltson and Manuel Radledge. The trio’s good times are hindered however by the evil school principal named Mr. Groves, who is determined to make sure Shupert never reaches his full prankster potential. Have no fear though, because with brilliant Gemma and quirky Manuel at his side, Shupert shows that no one can stop him from reaching his goal.

When asked on the alluded to “more than friends” relationship between Shupert and Gemma, Grint said “Well, Em and, um, I mean Gemma and Shupert are just really great mates right now.” This lead to the inevitable question of whether this strip was art imitating life for Rupert Grint to which he replied “Yeah, I mean, not really, but I guess maybe a little.”

rupdrawing

The artist working at his desk

This post was written by:

- who has written 41 posts on Grintastic Online.

Contact the author

20 Comments

1. Dove says:

Julz, like I told you before, this picture gave me butterflies! I hope one day he does get to work on his artistic side too 🙂 Seeing him at a big drafting table drawing would be the greatest thing ever!

2. WJo says:

Shupert Clint, Gemma Watson and Manuel Radledge, that is so damn funny. and yeah, I’d love to see more of his artwork as well.

3. Lilly says:

Amazing Dunigan! What a imagination you have! Loved, loved loved, specially “the evil Mr. Gloves”! Hahaha
    Oh how I wish this could be true too!
    I’d love to see him drawing this way.

And Rupert, of course we all know that Gemma and Shupert are more than just mates!

4. FugitiveStar says:

You are hilarious, girl! 😀

5. Himera says:

“Yeah, I mean, not really, but I guess maybe a little.”

LOL)))
    It was brilliant!

6. Ronja says:

for a split second there I thought that picture was REAL! =p gosh I’m so stupid sometimes lol =D

7. Sabine aka galadriel12 says:

I could so see Rupert doing that one day. And what’s best, I could see him doing it additionally to acting and directing work.

Anyway, for the moment, this was such a fun read. Wonderfully done, Julz.

8. Dunigan says:

thanks guys!
    inspirational credit goes to Dove for being an awesome illustrator and making me imagine what it would be like if Rupert was one too
    and dont be embarrassed about thinking it was real for a second Ronja because that is a great compliment for me. Thanks!

9. DarthKathyGrint says:

Hahahah, i don’t know about you guys, but i call that the Funnies should be a regular strip for Grintastic!

10. Andrea says:

yeah, I think we all know who Shupert and Gemma are 😉 So cute though 🙂

11. brittany says:

great work dunigan. the more i go through this site the more i’m impressed.

12. Lalla.Rosie says:

WOW, it’s very really brilliant, this article! Dunigan, why don’y you write a letter to Rupert (the real one of course ;)) telling him about this comic??? Just wonder if he likes your idea! It’d be simply fantastic *.*… Please, TRY!

13. imkweni says:

your such a good actor. .

14. francaise3 says:

Simply genius and hilarius Julz! 😀

15. Nicole says:

I didn’t get that this was fake until I got to the comments. first time on this site, okay! xP

pretty hilarious though.

16. Gab.E says:

I’m so happy that he’s able to pursue such dreams. Makes me want to .. but sadly I dont seem to have his determination, imagination, and luck.

I hope he gets that comic strip!

17. missEigensinn says:

woha! just brilliant!!! i could sit right beside him and just see him drawing this way for ages… love it!!! it’s prepossessing! great job, Dunigan!!! and i wish em and he get together at last!!! “Yeah, I mean, not really, but I guess maybe a little.” aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Dunigan , yes, PLEASE!! tell him!!! i wanna buy Rupert’s fantastic comics! what will be your price for it, Rupert? i’d give you everything i have <3

18. Asiriah Weasley says:

I want it…:! :3 !!!!!!!!!! OmG! he’s so gorgeus!

19. faith says:

wait… what do you mean this isnt real?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

20. faith says:

hey!!! that maks me agnry that it aint real!! is your whole sight not real?!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks